Nigerian artist, Wizkid, has been nominated for the 2020 edition of the All Africa Music Awards (AFRIMMA). The category for which he has been nominated is ‘Artist Of The Year’.
All Africa Music Awards (also referred to as AFRIMA) is an annual awards event. The awards event was established by the International Committee AFRIMA, in collaboration with the African Union (AU) to reward and celebrate musical works, talents and creativity around the African continent while promoting the African cultural heritage. Its pioneer Awards show was held in 2014.
These awards consist of 37 prizes of two categories: region-based awards (covering the five African regions) overseeing the achievements of African artistes within their specific regions of origin and the genre-based continental awards.
- Best Female Artiste in Central Africa
- Best Male Artiste in Central Africa
- Best Female Artiste in Western Africa
- Best Male Artiste in Western Africa
- Best Female Artiste in Eastern Africa
- Best Male Artiste in Eastern Africa
- Best Female Artiste in Northern Africa
- Best Male Artiste in Northern Africa
- Best Female Artiste in Southern Africa
- Best Male Artiste in Southern Africa.
- Artiste of the Year
- African Fans’ Favorite
- Album of the Year
- Best African Collaboration
- Best African Contemporary
- Best African Electro
- Best African Group/Duo/Band
- Best African Hip Hop
- Best African Jazz
- Best African Pop
- Best African Reggae/Ragga/Dancehall
- Best African RnB/Soul
- Best African Rock
- Best African Traditional
- Best Female Inspirational
- Best Male Inspirational
- Best African DJ
- Best African Lyricist/Rapper
- Best African Act in Diaspora
- Best African Dance/Choreography
- AFRIMA Legend Award
- Most Promising Artiste of the Year
- Producer of the Year
- Revelation of the African Continent
- Song of the Year
- Songwriter of the Year
- Video of the Year.
Other Nigerian stars in the category are Davido, Burna Boy, and Tiwa Savage. The Nigerian artists will be competing against Fally Ipupa (Congo), Diamond Platnumz (Tanzania), Sho Madjozi (South Africa), Aya Nakamura (Mali/France), Toofan (Togo), and Master KG (South Africa).
Burna Boy has released an album that peaked at number one on the global chart, ‘Twice As Tall’. Tiwa Savage also released her third studio album, ‘Celia’, which has debuted at number 14 on the Billboard World Album chart. Davido recently released ‘Fem’, which garnered over 1 million views in less than 24 hours. Wizkid is yet to release his album. He, however, dropped ‘Smile’ featuring H.E.R in July.
See the category below:
Who Do You Think Deserve It Better??
Drop your comment